Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Read This Book



It's not a newly released book. It was published in 2009. I've been anxiously awaiting the sequel ever since.

I keep a running list of my top five favorite books in my head at all times. You know, just in case I randomly get invited to the White House and need to make interesting dinner conversation.


  1. To Kill a Mockingbird-Harper Lee
  2. Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy-Douglas Adams
  3. Shades of Grey-Jasper Fforde
  4. Catch 22-Joseph Heller
  5. Special Topics in Calamity Physics-Marisha Pessl
Jasper Fforde is probably best known for writing about the adventures of his book detective creation, Thursday Next. Which started off as a pretty fair series of books in their own right, but has faltered since the first three books.

Fforde is British with that wonderful Brit sense of humor that can make a good book a great book. He deserves far more attention for his canon of work than he receives. 

A brief synopsis of the book: In a dystopian future (just stay with me) "something happened" and generations are born color blind. Everyone's place in society is dictated by the amount of any given color they can see. 

That's it, that's all I'm willing to tell you. If it sounds boring, I assure you that you're mistaken.

Misery loves company. If I have to suffer through the wait of the sequel, then I need someone to do it with. Read this book, tell me what you think about it. Even if you end up hating it, I want to talk to you about it. Just read it.



2 comments:

  1. My favorite Shades of Grey has a big ol' 50 in front of it! LOL-Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book sounds super cool!!!

    ReplyDelete