Here are a few of my random food opinions in list form...
A Sour Apple Tree's blog does this type of thing much better than me, but I like his blog so much, I've decided to swipe it ;)
Best Hamburgers in the Charleston/Huntington area...
1) The Bear's Den-Downtown Charleston, in the basement of the old Daniel Boone hotel
2) Bobby's Bar and Grill-Cross Lanes (Yes, it's a beer joint, but it's not a scary beer joint, and you'll see lots of people there strictly for the food)
3)Five Guys-Pullman Square (Crusty deliciously messy burgers and fantastic fries)
4) Fat Patty's-Barboursville and Huntington (Wish the fries were better, but hey, this is a burger list)
5) Steak and Shake-Barboursville (Royale Burger, 'nuff said)
Best Hot Dogs in the Charleston/Huntington area...
1) Sam's Hot Dogs-Hale St., Charleston
2) Tony's Gold Dome-Kanawha City (Another beer joint, but the dogs are worth the risk)
3) Sam's Club-Southridge Centre (What? Don't laugh. The weiner is Nathan's brand, the chili is Custard Stand, they're HUGE, and ultra-easy on the wallet)
4) The Leonard's-The Mound in South Charleston (Just simple WV dogs, for WV people who know good food)
Sorry Huntington, you're just not a "hot dog town". Hillybilly Hot Dogs, Stewart's, Frost Top, I'm unimpressed with all of those offerings. But I have an open mind, if any of you want to recommend a great dog in Huntington, just leave me a comment letting me know about it.